As some of you may have realized by now,
I LOVE BASIL!
I love the smell, the taste, the look!
I'm the woman in the grocery store with the basil pushed into
her nose while she shops.....

This year I planted purple basil in my very large planter outside and
although the influx of the dreaded Japanese beatle wasn't as bad as
 last year, my basil leaves were getting eaten.
I did my coffee remedy which I came across last year as an
organic discouragement to these beatles, but these little guys are
tough to beat this year for some strange reason.
My basil is quite holey and I was worried about not having
a lush crop of it for my Pesto!
About three weeks ago, I decided to pull the basil out of my nose
and bring it home to plant it.  Inside.  Where there were no bugs.
See the Basil Wizard?  He's very wise and scary looking isn't he?
My friend Gail, who lives way up north here in Ontario, gifted me with him
a couple years ago.  He was made by a local artisan and he's very
unique don't you think?  I think maybe he casts spells on the basil
because it's now about a foot tall in the low parts!!
You can barely see the Basil Wizard surrounded by the lushness!
Basil is a magical herb, therefore it's only fitting to have a Wizard
watching over it!
xo

Comments

24/08/2012 11:47

He is adorable! Hope he keeps the bugs away. Gotta have our basil!

Rukmini Roy
25/08/2012 13:35

I love it Wendy. Imagine this is in a blue and white planter! Love the wizard and Im sure he will keep your basil safe from the unwanteds. :) Lovely idea. Wonder if I'd get a garden wizard here!

26/08/2012 18:02

Wendy, thanks so much for popping by, I too have been meeting my bloggy commitments. Just barely. I can't believe you were booted out of your favorite resturaunt. Yikes. And yes a friend and I were once booted out of an open late pizza place- long story. Embarassimg, but unjust also. Those white legs on your awesome table look like they could be from those walls everyone was putting up in the '70's' between kitchen and livingroom? Or under open counters? I am an oregano girl myself. your wizard is adorable,
Keep smiling and creating- Pam

04/11/2012 08:34

Hi, Wendy. I've missed seeing you around Blogland and hope all's well...

Ahaa, its good dialogue concerning this piece of writing here at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.

14/08/2013 01:29

We also have planted Basil in our lawn. I like their new and small leaves, It has a different smell.

27/09/2013 01:19

Thanks a lot pertaining to creating and also sharing this post. That you are unsurprisingly quite knowledgeable of this type and also I have discovered this for being fascinating and also wise looking at. Beneficial employment.

14/10/2013 07:16

He was made by a topical craftsperson further he's precise lone don't you mull? I suspect perhaps he matrixs curses on the basil therefore it's forthwith about a bottom gangling in the deep behalfs!! You can just perceive the Basil Prodigy surrounded by the lushness!

07/01/2014 03:19

I really think the basil leaves that you care and cultivating a healthy and beautiful with large thick leaves. I support because I am also a taste of this kind leaves. Should you try to offline!

19/03/2014 06:27

I find that it tastes very characteristic and realize everything that can use it sensibly and scientifically.

25/03/2014 01:02

I love this vegetable, it is good for health