This is the first time I've ever grown Kale in my veggie garden and it's
absolutely perfect!  Amazingly, the beatles have not discovered this
particular leaf.  Maybe the marigolds I planted around my veggies helped
with that afterall?  Not even the bunnies chewed on any of our leafy vegetables.
Look how lush this kale looks.....
Wait for it.....
BEAUTIFUL!!

Awhile back I posted on baking your own kale chipsYesterday, I picked a
bucketful of this lush bounty and started getting ready to bake some kale!

I was out of parchment paper which lead to a crazy chase all over the village for
some more while my oven was heating up.  Nothing's ever easy is it?

This time when I made them, I made the raw chunks larger and it worked out much better because they shrink up soooo much after baking.

These may appear to be wilty looking dulse-like treats, however, are light and
crisp with just a touch of sea salt and extremely addictive!

To make your own kale chips.....

Wash your kale
Cut out the center stem
Tear into bite size chunks
Spin in salad spinner to dry
Toss in a bowl with drizzled olive oil.
Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper.
Sprinkle sea salt very lightly over kale
Bake in a 350F oven for 10-12 minutes til crispy.
Kale chips make a wonderful, healthy alternative to potato chips
for serving as a light snack to your company or just as
an extra special treat for yourself!
I love eating the food we grow ourselves!
xo
wendy

Comments

PETER HAENTJENS
21/08/2012 11:29

well done, sounds great

21/08/2012 12:15

I'm all for anything that turns this super food into a treat! It tasted great.

Rukmini Roy
23/08/2012 05:16

Yum! I like kale and I LOVE KALE CHIPS. Thank god I'm not in your vicinity :P Lovely Wendy..I dream of having my own garden...someday, maybe!

20/09/2012 07:45

Yummy!! Your kale took amazing in your garden. You will be able to grow this wonderful plant and harvest it right into winter.
Kale chips are so good and yummy. Linda from Ontario Canada

09/10/2012 02:39

A pleasant sight, thanks to the wonderful rainy season we had, though it does make keeping the garden organized a heavy job.

12/08/2013 05:13

This is the first time I've ever grown Kale in my veggie garden and it's
absolutely perfect! Amazingly, the beatles have not discovered this
particular leaf. Maybe the marigolds I planted around my veggies helped
with that afterall? Not even the bunnies chewed on any of our leafy vegetables.
Look how lush this kale looks.

Kale chips make a wonderful, healthy alternative to potato chips
for serving as a light snack to your company or just as
an extra special treat for yourself!
I love eating the food we grow ourselves!

27/12/2013 10:38

The ideas you provided here are extremely valuable. I have loved this site it seems extremely helpful handy

14/01/2014 05:31

Recognition is one thing you rather skillful in farming. I'm really impressed with the vegetables that you have grown up. We really lush.

08/04/2014 06:43

I think everything is pretty perfect and you've done all you want, take advantage of space and everything.

10/04/2014 13:16

It's a great article about vegetables, look for such a long article explaining the benefits of these plants. Congratulations