Now I'm IT!
It's a new blog game making it's way around our spaces here and
it's not obligatory to play, however, isn't it kind of nice
to learn some special insights to the bloggers you follow regularly?
I think it makes us all seem more human!
I love that she included me in this game and that I had an opportunity to
see her answers as well as ask some of my own!
Thanks so much Cathy!
Here's the rules....don't worry, they're fun and not difficult!
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you and then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
- Let them know you have tagged them.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to put my thoughts in order and have something constructive to do
in my daily activities. I had been off work with chronic backpain for a few years and
was floundering daily going from activity to activity to change up positions and this
was a vessel for me to express myself creatively and to find commaraderie.
2. How frequently do you check your blog statistics? Do you check them everyday or
do you not care about the number of hits on your site?
At first, I was checking everyday, back when I started blogging in August and got
excited at the slightest rise on the graph! But now, I probably only check about once
every 2-3 weeks, because for me...it's more of an outlet and a sharing experience. I
really don't think I'll ever make any money doing this...I just enjoy it! It gives me
3. What fictional book character do you most relate to or would like to be friends with?
I believe it would have to be Claire from the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.
Her knowledge of herbs helped her to survive in another century after passing
through the ancient stones in Scotland where she had to use courage &
4. Other than reading or blogging, what do you do for fun?
I love to garden herbs/veggies/flowers because I find it so peaceful being lost in my
own thoughts and ideas and gratifying when you see the end result. I also love
antiquing with my husband on lazy days and entertaining friends with dinner,
yacking and pulling out the music bowl when everyone grabs an instrument and
sings and plays along to the music!
That's easy! "Your history makes you who you are".
6. Who were your favourite authors of all time and why?
Diana Gabaldon for her Outlander Series. This series was riveting and extending
upon question #3, Claire is thrown into a world foreign to her in a time travel
experience full of adventure, romance, mystery...it's just a conglomerate of all things
wonderful to read about.
I also love Nelson Demille's books for the wit, the intelligence and adventure and
most recently have fallen head over heels in love with George RR Martin's "A Game
of Thrones". Fantastic writer and the characters have you enthralled...now we're
watching the DVD of the first book in the series and it's kept so close to the book,
we're loving it!
7. What is your favourite hobby?
hmmm....I'd have to say gardening, but in the off months....cooking.
I guess that I was a 911 Operator/Police Dispatcher when I worked. It's an intimidating
job to others not in the emergency personnel world, but sooo gratifying...like a small
way of giving back by helping others.
9. If you were given three wishes, what would they be?
On a personal level, I'd wish for back health for both myself and my husband.
On a familial level, I'd wish for good health & financial freedom for my children
On a universal level, I wouldn't wish for world peace because it might disrupt the
cosmic forces, however, I'd wish for less unneccesary deaths.
10. What is your greatest strength?
I would have to say "Compassion" for others. I've always befriended fallen birds and
my friends laugh because we've taken in so many people during their troubled times
that they say "Some people bring home stray pets...Wendy brings home stray
11. Freebie question
This is tough Cathy! Okay....
If you could blog like any other blogger you follow...who would it be?
Karen at "The Art of Doing Stuff"! She's hilariously witty (sometimes acerbicly so,
which is funny in itself!), creative and a wonderful teacher in her tutorials. Hailing
from Toronto, Ontario, she has a chicken coop in her backyard that she built
herself...the cosmopolitan of all chicken houses!
It's okay if you don't want to participate, but I'd love to know
just a little bit more about each of you!
3. Eleventh House
4. Mrs. Hines' Class
5. Villabarnes (we all want to know more about you Rosemary!)
6. My Great Finds
7. The Project Queen
8. DIY Home Sweet Home
9. Desire Empire
10. Fairy Rocks and Things
11. Timeless Treasures
Here's your 11 questions!
2. What is your favourite part about blogging? ie: photography, creating, posting?
3. What is your first memory ever in your life?
4. What do you do for fun? Other than blogging.
5. What style of clothing do you prefer? Jeans? Dresses?
6. What was your career for the majority of your life?
7. If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be? And why?
8. What is your strongest trait? Good or bad.
9. Have you ever had an encounter with a ghost?
10. What's the most favourite movie you ever watched?
11. Freebie question....just like Kathy gave me! (you choose the question & answer)
does give us a little insight to who you really are!
But, I'll understand if you don't...it's up to you!
I'll leave you with this morning's vista from our back deck....